Thursday, April 01, 2010

I haven't updated in a while, and for once, I'm ahead/on-schedule with my 365, so here's a quick poem.

Too tired to fix myself
something to eat, I
rinsed the plates and
smoothed out the bed.

You moaned in your sleep,
words I could understand
as well as Shakespeare.
I smoothed the hairs off
your forehead, hummed a
tune I had heard at
the grocery store.

I turned the plastic rod
between my fingers to
shut out the sunlight, to
keep it from rinsing out
your eyes.

I settled in next to you,
catlike, inviting myself
into your hands and arms
as you moaned again and
nuzzled your head against
my shoulder.

You scolded me for waking
you up, playfully, with that
smile on your face, but settled
back into your dream
I hoped I was in.

Here is the original scanned in from my notebook. Pretty much the same other than messiness and a few word/tense changes. To be honest, this is one of the few instances wherein I actually like how I wrote the date.

~

Also, I was a over-joyed when I came back from class a few days ago to find that Priscilla had illustrated one of my 365 poems. She's a wonderful artist and interpreted my poem into the visual medium better than I could have ever imagined.

No comments: